Learn about what the GPA is all about?
I recently did a podcast from which you can learn about what the GPA does in real life.
The Gaelic players association or the GPA as it is commonly known as, has been around for a while since 1999 and whilst we have all heard of it lots of people actually do not realise what the GPA is actually doing and the great work that it does out there in real life for players.
Our GAA sports players are non-professional but give so much to our local communities and indeed the country and its identity on a national level so the GPA should be promoted because its purpose is the wellbeing and welfare of our GAA players.
I recently had the privilege of conducting an interview with former Laois county footballer Colm Begley which you can listen to below.
The interview gives plenty of information about:
- what the ethos of the GPA is
- what it does,
- its history
- and a lot more besides
What the GPA is all about – more to learn from the interview?
I believe that many of you may find this interview of interest because Colm Begley was an inter-county player as well as being involved with the GPA itself and this allowed the interview to delve into other interesting topics such as:
- Whether players and managers should have a greater say in-game rule changes
- We discuss GPA scholarships which many may not have heard about including the fact that the GPA has 23 partnerships with colleges around Ireland
- We discuss the mental health of players and the help that is available
- Reconstruction of the championship discussion as well as the question of players’ retirement and lots more
In closing the GPA has a website that you can visit through the link in the button:
Finally To remind you I offer various services to both GAA players and clubs- Treatments